Pages

January 31, 2016

pictures of people looking at pictures.

 
      Art brings people together. Hipsters, old couples, young families, art experts; all of them were congregated in the echoing halls of Nelson-Atkins Art Museum yesterday.
We were there because it was Dad's birthday and the art museum was his present. While my family meandered through the galleries, I was busy with an impromptu photography project: taking pictures of people appreciating art -- (without them knowing it.) The way my project started was an accident really:) There was this cute couple walking around hand in hand, so I quickly snapped their picture and turned around as casually as possible. They didn't even notice me. *Insert chuckle and congratulatory pat on the back*. Maybe it was the fun of being sneaky, or maybe it was all the adorable couples walking around, but my collection of people grew.
      For 5 hours we wandered about the art museum. Names like Monet, Remington, Van Gogh, and Caravaggio jumped out at me from placards, and the paintings blended together in a pleasing palette of colors. Feelings such as peace, amazement, and inspiration overwhelmed me -- I love art museums! Put me in a place like that and I'll be happy for a looong time.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever give I'm and say "I'm spying on you!" ?
    Love these : )

    ReplyDelete